The Tusk has an animal like instinct while it makes its way over terrain with hefty lugs and sidewall support. The center of the tire starts with a V-shaped lug with multiple steps to the sides for additional grip while the gold compound rubber flexes and contours to the landscape. The design team added large, staggered traction bars off the side continuing the V-shape pattern and while the shorter version steps in conjunction with the center lug, the longer version fills a void underneath and meets up near the center line of the tire.
The Mirrored aspect to the tire lays out beautifully and alternating rows provide a staggered height affect. JConcepts has added sidewall lugging for pinch grip and gap crawling and relieved a small portion of rubber for increased flexibility. All traction bars and lugging have relieved cuts and slots on the top to split up the flat surfaces for additional little edges for light dirt, dust, and debris. The sidewall lettering is highly detailed on the Tusk with naming, sizing, and identification.
The flexibility of the gold compound combined with the lug arrangement gives the tire a grippy feel but still maintains the all-important scale and performance look. The overall height provides plenty of ground clearance for vehicles on an abundance of terrain. The pre-mounted tires include a medium open cell foam insert capable of standing up to the soft compound but flexible enough for sharp terrain.
• Pre-mounted on #3431B Glide 5 wheels or #3430B Hazard wheel
• Robust carcass, mirror V-block design, 1:1 inspired
• Direct bolt-on to SCX24
• 52mm | 2.0” overall size without insert
• Cut and sliced lugs, stepping and recessed lugs for contortion control
• Soft, Gold compound
• Super V-block, open center design for extra edges
• Sidewall lugs, slots, and alternating height tread
• Includes medium, open cell insert
• Ready to crawl convenience and performance