The team spent considerable time with the split-block center design which has been sliced, stepped, and recessed for flexibility and contortion over sharp, loose, and polished surfaces. The Landmines have alternating solid and cavity pads which is ideal for transitioning from smooth dirt or pavement into dirt, mud, and rocky terrain. Moving toward the edges of the carcass, the scaling tire has horizonal grippy pads with edge and channels to provide additional forward climbing bite.
Down within the tread, a lightning pattern, knob plots and connector bars pull the design together to work together at shallow and deep sinking positions. Once power is applied to the vehicle, the tread spacing opens which allows for deep digging, making it a great working tire in dirt and muddy conditions. As the tread rolls down the sidewall, a whole new course of tread and side-lugging is applied. A grippy radial ring provides a consistent rubber contact patch in pinched conditions while in the vertical plane, new traction bars alternate between angular and island mapping for squeeze grip.
The flexibility of the gold compound combined with the lug arrangement gives the tire a grippy feel but still maintains that all important scale and performance look. The overall height provides plenty of ground clearance for an abundance of terrain and bossed side-wall logos read with beauty and balance. The pre-mounted tires include a soft open cell foam insert capable of standing up to the compound but flexible enough for sharp terrain. Battlefield, watch-out, Landmines are taking over.
• Pre-mounted on #3431B Glide 5 wheels or #3430B Hazard wheels
• Robust carcass, split-block design, 1:1 inspired
• Direct bolt-on to SCX24
• 52mm | 2.0” overall size without insert
• Sliced, stepped, and recessed lugs for contortion control
• Soft, Gold compound
• Lightning pattern, knob plots and connector bars for extra edges
• Radial sidewall lugs and extra island mapping for squeeze grip
• Includes soft, open cell insert
• Ready to crawl convenience and performance